The summer festival couldn’t happen without many people who willingly give of their time and service. If you want to make a long-term investment in the lives of others and have huge amounts of fun at the same time, then volunteer or join one of LifeStream’s summer teams.
Volunteers: If you can come early (Saturday 12th) or leave late (Saturday 19th) and help with the set-up or knock down of the site we would really appreciate your help. There are also other possibilities for volunteers – see the team lists below. Volunteers helping with Set-up or Knock down get meals during those days. All volunteer team members pay full festival price.
Service Teams: Helping on a service team is an amazing way to grow spiritually and learn new skills. You’ll also meet lots of new people and receive far more than you give. Service Team members get free meals and if they can’t attend the full adult programme they only pay half the festival price. Launchpad team members get FREE places to recognise their particular dedication.
All team members and most volunteers will need references and will need to agree to our child protection policy. Many team members will need to book extra accommodation for a night or two if their team requires them to be on site beyond the festival time. We will be needing members for the following teams:
Children’s and Youth Service Teams
- Stepping Stones 0-3 years – info
- Launchpad 4-10 years – info FREE PLACE
- Something Else 11-18 years – info
There are a limited number of team places available for 13-16 year olds to work with the 0-10 year olds. There are also a limited number of places each day for parents or children’s church workers to volunteer as an opportunity to see what happens and contribute in the children’s programme. However in order to support the Launchpad team every parent will be asked to nominate one half hour during the week when they help with set up, tidy up or snack (full instructions given).
Other Service Teams
- Security and Ushering (Stewards) – info
- Catering – info
- Cleaning – toilets, showers and shared spaces – info
- Transport for Speakers – especially to/from Brussels airport – info
- Site Management (mainly pre festival) – info
- Set-up – Catering, Tents, and Odd Jobs (e.g. cleaning) – info
- Knock down – Catering, Tents and Cleaning – info
- Registration – as people arrive, especially before the festival
- Village Host – helping create community in the camping areas – info
- Medical – professional first aid or medical training required – info
- Hospitality – for our special guests and church leaders – info
- After hours entertainment – organising evening campfires, talent quest, or quizzes, and afternoon games
- Bookshop – helping run a bookshop
- Café server – helping staff a café – info
- Prayer Ministry – this is made up of volunteers who must attend training on Thursday afternoon and be available at least 2 sessions a day.
- Worship teams for children’s, youth and adult venues (audition/interview required) – info
- Intercession – if you would like to hold all this in your prayers and receive a prayer calendar please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org